March 7, 2016

Interns, interns! Read all about them!

You know them well. Their library swagger is unprecedented. Their Dewey Decimal skills can't be beat. They're the interns of Almy Library, and they're heroes to us all.  
Now, we offer you a chance to satiate your curiosity about these enigmatic interns. Read on to uncover never-before-heard* details about the Fab 4 and their literary preferences!

Sophie S.! 

  • What books are currently on your nightstand? The Uncollected David Rakoff
  • Who is your favorite author and/or what is your all-time favorite book? Just Kids by Patti Smith
  • What genre(s) do you especially enjoy reading? Autobiography 
  • Who’s your favorite fictional hero or heroine? Atticus Finch 
  • If you wrote a book, what would you write about? A collection of interviews with all the important people in my life
  • What book do you think is overrated? Catch 22
  • What's a random/interesting fact about you? I have officially been a vegetarian since I was 8, but have never had steak or a hamburger in all my life.

Julie P.!
  • What books are currently on your nightstand? IQ84Buddha in the AtticBehind the Beautiful ForeversMiddlesexThe Beautiful and Damned.
  • Who is your favorite author and/or what is your all-time favorite book? John Irving is my favorite author, and one of my favorite books/go-to rec is The World According to Garp. Please read it and talk to me about it, I will literally love you forever, even if we've never talked. Just do it.
  • What genre(s) do you especially enjoy reading? Sad, heart-wrenching books. Historical or super emotional sci-fi books, mainly. Mainly just really sad, poetic, and mildly funny books :)
  • Who’s your favorite fictional hero or heroine? Rudy from The Book Thief.
  • If you wrote a book, what would you write about? A first person realistic fiction about some girl witnessing a tragic event about a friend or something, and she would be the equivalent of Horatio/Nick Carraway character. And it would be absolutely tragic and beautiful and poetic and kind of humorous, aka just the kind of stuff I like to read.
  • What book do you think is overrated? The Kite Runner. Ew.
  • What's a random/interesting fact about you?  Panic! At the Disco is my favorite band, but people generally think I only listen to KPOP. I only got into KPOP in sophomore year :)

Tali S.!
  • What books are currently on your nightstand? A Thousand Splendid Suns1984Flowers for AlgernonOne Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and The Mountains Echoed
  • Who is your favorite author and/or what is your all-time favorite book? Khaled Hosseini is my favorite author and my favorite book (by him) is A Thousand Splendid Suns
  • What genre(s) do you especially enjoy reading? I LOVE scientific fiction and well as books about race, gender, and defying social norms. 
  • Who’s your favorite fictional hero or heroine? Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson Series. I am in love with this series and his adventures when I was younger made me want to be a half-blood and meet greek gods. 
  • If you wrote a book, what would you write about? I would definitely write about something with science fiction and relating to greek gods. The characters would be teenagers, and some romance involved too. 
  • What book do you think is overrated? Great Expectations
  • What's a random/interesting fact about you? I have flown a mini plane :)

Rose M.!
  • What books are currently on your nightstand? Dante's InfernoPoems to Learn by Heart, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • Who is your favorite author and/or what is your all-time favorite book? Choosing favorites is absolutely impossible... 
  • What genre(s) do you especially enjoy reading? Gotta love fantasy fiction, although all fiction in general is just bae
  • Who’s your favorite fictional hero or heroine? Does Mark Watney from The Martian count? He was hilarious 
  • If you wrote a book, what would you write about? If I wrote a book it would probably be about some sort of tragedy
  • What book do you think is overrated? Divergent was so overrated, I'm sorry, just ugh
  • What's a random/interesting fact about you? I set the BB&N Health and Fitness flexibility record (I'm a pretty big deal)

*Probably not true.